Dr. Suzanne Hetzel Campbell, Associate Professor, Applied Science, School of Nursing, University of British Columbia
Presentation in the Women’s Health Seminar February 3, 2020
- Lactation is health promotion with global health implications
- Respectful care during infant feeding is a right of every parent.
- Societal pressures related to infant feeding affect parents’ experiences.
- Health care practitioners & others can support new parents in reaching their infant feeding goals.
- Applying experiential learning for pre-licensure health professional students and practitioners in the area of lactation education support shows future potential for enhanced outcomes.
Watch Suzanne’s full presentation where she discusses her research using the Lactation Simulation Model with nursing, medical, and other health professional students.